Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Keepin' It Up

I think I may already be running out of paintings that I have photos of to post. What shall I do? I can start posting not so good things I suppose. Or paint new things. That's a lot of work. I guess I don't have to post as often as I have been. Not many people read this anyway.

 I've found one of the things I enjoy the most about this is the statistics I get through blogger. I get to see who's looking at my blog and all those fun things. There also is Google Analytics which I just recently found out that I can in fact put that to analyse my home page as well as putting the code in my posts. Before it only collected data from the posts that I had the code but not many people actually click into the separate pages for the posts, they just read it on the home page so it wasn't very accurate. Anyway, according to blogger a good portion of the people who visit my page are from Russia, and they come from some other page so I think they're not actually reading it. Now that I have Google Analytics on it I can tell because it lets me know how long each person stays on my page. Is that a bit creepy?

 Anyway, here's a quick art thing because this is an art blog after all.


This is another small one, and pretty old-ish. One of the first ones I painted at the beginning of last semester I believe. It's only 11 x 13 in. I'm a little fond of it. That might be because it was accepted into the art show. Every spring semester MSU has a big art show for all the undergrad students. You're allowed to submit up to four pieces in every medium. Many people will submit as much as they can in every medium they have things in, so four paintings, four drawings, four ceramic pieces and so on. Every year they bring in someone else to judge the pieces. I can't remember who exactly judged it last year, but it was a woman who was the curator for some relatively large art museum somewhere. Anyway, I submitted four paintings and they were all accepted and this was one of them. I was a bit surprised they all got in, especially considering how small this one is. To hang it they just stuck some Velcro on the back, which I thought was funny.

So you should bother me about painting new things because the more people who bother me about it, the more likely I am to do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment