Monday, July 30, 2012

Into the Night

So in my last post I said that I would paint something new and I actually have! Woohoo! I've now painted a total of two things over the summer. Anyway here are some photos, in backwards process order.






This last one is really interesting isn't it? Also I think I forgot to edit it. Oh well it's just a sketch anyway. I know I said I'd have this up last night but the color of the pictures I took last night ended up being really off and I decided to wait until I could get some natural light. The light in my apartment is terrible.

Anyway, in case anyone is curious this painting is based off a map. A map of Florence, Italy to be exact. I think I may do some paintings based off maps of places I've lived/worked/taken classes. If I run out and still feel like doings paintings like this I'll start on maps of places I've just visited. This is the second one I've used a map, the very first one in this blog is based on a map of where I currently live. I can't remember if I mentioned that in that first post.

Every time I look at this painting I think that I've seen these colors in some other painting before but I can't remember where, or whose it was. I'm just stealing someone's colors and I can't even remember who they are.

Well, I have to head to work, because sadly painting does not yet pay my bills. I get to feed thousands of boy scouts this week. It's going to be a blast.

1 comment:

  1. re: your colors question, they remind me a lot of the colors that are used fairly often by street artists.

    the rhythm of this piece is just awesome. I feel like I'm looking up at it and that it's wrapping around behind me somehow. Just...yes. more of this :)

    ReplyDelete