Friday, July 27, 2012

Oh the Things I've Learned

Well I suppose so far there aren't many things I've learned about this whole process. I mean this is only my fourth post, and I have yet to sell anything on Etsy so all I've really learned is either I need to be patient or I'm doing something horrendously wrong. Which wouldn't surprise me. One thing I have learned is I need a better camera for sure. I just can't take decent pictures of my paintings. I don't know how. Also for some reason all of my blog's views are from Russia. From a specific site that has something to do with getting paid to wander around Facebook so I'm going to go out on a limb and say I don't have any actual readers yet. Unless you are out there! Let me know! Well other than that I wanted to make a post to talk about my friend's blog instead. I know I don't have any readers to really send her way. She has many more than I do and I do mean to tell her that I'm over here yelling at the internet a bit to try and get some attention but I just haven't gotten around to it yet.

Anyway, she's a former classmate of mine, we had a few painting classes together as well as one drawing class I believe. More importantly we were roommates when we studied abroad in Italy. Oh Florence, how I miss you. She has always been a bit of an inspiration to me, I've always admired her work and I don't doubt that she has influenced me quite a bit, even if our styles may be completely different. Here is one of the most recent pieces she has uploaded on her blog:


And here is the link to her blog, Solid State Studios. Do me a favor, and if you're reading this blog of course continue to read this blog but stop over by her's and check that out as well. Hey we are the new up and coming artists from Michigan after all. Wouldn't want to miss out.


No comments:

Post a Comment