Saturday, July 28, 2012

Moar Artz!

So back to my art! Because this is all about self promotion after all. Maybe. So here's another one I've done sort of recently-ish.


So all I really want to say about this one is that I really really need a better camera. Or learn how to photo edit better because the colors are much nicer in real life and I did try to edit them a bit. But oh well, chances are your computer doesn't display the same as mine anyway. This one was also done last semester, it's 24 x 33 in. I think this may have been one of the last paintings I did last semester actually.

I really want to paint something new. I have the board ready and everything I just don't feel like I really have the time. Maybe tomorrow. I started working in the cafeteria as a cook again, and I'm still working my other kind-of-sort-of job teaching English to Japanese people online so between the two I'm pretty low on free time. Well that's sort of a bad excuse anyway. Alright! So today I think I'll lay down an under painting and hopefully paint it tomorrow. By the end of tomorrow hopefully I'll have something new up here, so get excited! If I don't do it you have every right to bother me about it.

2 comments:

  1. Some people, when they do really thing layers of paint like you do, it looks weird and unintentional, but yours just look really purposeful and mature. I love the confidence of hand that you've got going on in the pieces that you've uploaded here.

    And you better believe I'll bug you if I don't see something tomorrow ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you do! Otherwise I may not do it. I did do the underpainting today so now I'll just need to make myself do the rest tomorrow. If I'm feeling really productive I'll mix some paint tonight. :P

      Delete