Tuesday, July 24, 2012

The Hanging Ritual

Oh my gosh look I have three more page views. Maybe this is going somewhere.

So I haven't mentioned it in previous posts but my old roommates recently moved out and my new roommate moved in the next day (I live in a relatively small apartment near my university). My previous roommates and I didn't really bother much with decoration but my new roommate, well possibly more his mom, cares a bit more. I came home from work today and everything was moved around. Which is fine, I told them they could move things around and that I wasn't particularly attached to anything. While she was trying to decided which Van Gogh prints to hang where I mentioned my paintings, or she mentioned my paintings, I can't really remember which. Well of course she wanted to see some and then decided we had to  hang some up in the living room.

Now, I'm pretty lazy and I paint on board and I don't put a wood frame backing. I know, terrible. This makes it difficult to hang and the board is more likely to warp. So my roommate and his mom spent quite a while trying to figure out how to hang my paintings so that they would be secure. With a bit of jerry-rigging, some picture hangers, and a lot of nail holes in my walls I now have two of my paintings hanging in the living room. I have to say it doesn't look half bad. Here's a photo of my living room now.



And since this blog is about the art, here are some slightly better photos of the paintings themselves.


  

The purple and green one with the hills was the first painting I did last semester, while the yellow and purple one was somewhere in the middle.

If you would like to see more of my work here's my DA. There is also more on my Etsy, where you can also buy some. *wink wink nudge nudge*


No comments:

Post a Comment