Thursday, July 19, 2012

The Beginning of What May Be a Glorious Thing

So here I am, writing an entry in a blog for the first time since...well the days of LiveJournal. Back when every tween sat online whining about the boy that didn't like them or their parents who wouldn't let them stay out late at night. I spent more time teaching myself CSS in order to learn how to redecorate my journal. Between bouts of writing strange codes that today I would be completely unable to reproduce, I would write the occasional entry about my own hardships, that may or may not have been as petty as everyone else's. That, is what I fear this blog may fall back into.

However, this blog has a goal. Unlike my LiveJournal, this blog has some purpose beyond entertaining myself. That purpose is best described with a picture.


What is this thing with the squares and the squiggles and the colors? That my dear hopefully soon to exist readers, is my first painting ever sold. It is my first step towards fame a fortune. I am slightly ignoring the fact that it was sold to a friend of mine who hadn't really seen any of my work and may have bought it for reasons other than a love of art. That same friend has been bothering me to try to sell my work, to people other than him. And so here I am, writing a blog in the hopes that I may attract some attention. Or at the very least find some interesting people to talk to.

So maybe the purpose really is my own entertainment.

No comments:

Post a Comment